I Love You Handshape
The "I Love You Handshape" is one of the most recognized signs in the world. Did you know that this one-handed sign uses the sign-language letters "I", "L", and "Y" at the same time? So, with just one hand you can say “I love you” to everyone you meet. I am sure all your friends and family will want you to make one for them.
Scroll down to find the Valentine pattern located at the bottom of this page. There are more Valentine’s Day gift ideas on the Red Hot Valentines Day Pins page, be sure to check them out for even more designs.
Materials:Hand glassPatternGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Copy and using scissors cut the model.
2. Put the sections on the right tint glass and copy close to the design with a permanent marker. Liberally cover up the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is required to cut out the outline. Make a point of cutting close to the shape to retain the figure and all the precise fine points.
4. Bathe with some soap and rinse in clear water or employ glass cleaner to remove all drawings and scum. Dry the items.
5. Put together the pieces on a all set up kiln shelf and put the shelf in the unit. Always grip the glass by the side to prevent fingerprints.
6. Close the top or access. Switch on the unit.
7. Monitor the fused piece at approximately 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. When glimpsing at your hot glass wear glasses with IR and UV shield.
8. As soon as the piece possesses your required appearance, turn off and disconnect the kiln. If the unit is assembled with heavy fire bricks, you can permit it to cool down by it’s self. On the other hand if it is built with ceramic fiber, the kiln must remain on and checked so that it doesn’t cool down more than approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. When the temperature falls lower than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit can be opened.
10. After the project has cooled to room temperature, you can add a brooch back. Hold on the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
I Love You Handshape Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Valentines Day Pins
I Love You Handshape to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns