Wicked Witch Crafts Pin
Evil witch crafts make outstanding projects for the fall season. What would Allhallows Eve be without a Halloween witch as a Halloween craft? Wicked Witches and black cats are after all the two most recognized symbols for Halloween.
Particularly in fairy tales and the media that is directed towards youngsters, witches are frequently portrayed as wicked older women with wrinkled skin, lengthy claw-like fingernails and warts on their noses. Tapered pointed hats and black or purple outfits are their portrayed outfits. Witches are oftentimes presented as cooking up potions in boastfully large cauldrons. Riding through the moon lit sky, they are frequently accompanied by black cats.
The pattern is included at the end of the page and does require the usage of a glass saw. Adjust the pattern size or color to your desired need. Be sure to make plenty for all your witchy friends.
MaterialsBlack hat glassBrown hair glassRed lip glassTan face glass
PatternBeeswax or Chap StickGlass sawGlass Cleaner choiceLint free towelKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
Directions1. Trace and cut the shapes.
2. Lay down the parts on the suitable color glass and sketch about the pattern with a permanent marker. Generously cover the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is needed to cut out the outline. Cut close to the outline to retain the shape and all the precise fine points.
4. Clean with soap and bathe in clear water or use glass cleaner to eliminate the markings and residue. Using a lint free towel, dry the items.
5. Place the parts on a ready kiln shelf and place the shelf in the kiln. Be sure to grip the glass by the perimeter to prevent fingerprints.
6. Close the top or door. Start the kiln.
7. Observe the project at roughly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. While peeping at your projects put on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. Once the project possesses your preferred look, turn off and unplug the kiln. If the kiln is manufactured with dense fire bricks, you can let it cool off on its own. On the other hand if it is created with ceramic fiber, the kiln must be left on and observed so that it does not cool down any more than approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. Once the pyrometer drops below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit may be opened.
10. As soon as the fused piece has cooled down to room temperature, you can add a brooch back. Hold on the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
Wicked Witch Crafts Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Wicked Witch Crafts Pin to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns