Halloween Spooky Mask
The Spooky Mask blueprint is meant to be a template that can be transformed into a scary mask or decorated any way desired. Halloween costumes seem to always call for a Halloween mask as part of the outfit.
In Celtic festivals, costumes and masks were adorned in an effort to copy evil spirits or quiet them. They donned these masks when they departed their households in the evening to elude being recognized by ghosts who may misidentify them as fellow spirits. These pins are fantastic for adorning any desired Halloween outfit.
By applying your stash of assorted glass fusing elements and processes, these can be tailored to create a personalized mask for pins or as adornments for plates or bowls, etc. Supply add a few embellishments to really enhance the design. Merely bestow them with details like stringers, frit, confetti, etc. Simply entertain the possibilities of these bare templates.
You are solely restricted by your own resourcefulness! They can be re-sized larger or smaller for your specific need.
MaterialsDesignated color glassGlass cleanerBeeswax or Chap StickGlass sawKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Trace and cut out the guide.
2. Set the paper pieces on the correct colorful glass and sketch close to the design with a permanent marker. Generously protect the drawing with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is desirable to cut the design. Cut on the outline to preserve the form and all the small particulars.
4. Sponge down with soap and rinse in plain water or use glass cleaner to remove all pen marks and scum. Air dry the pieces.
5. Place the portions on a ready kiln shelf and pose the shelf within the kiln. At all times grip the glass by the border to avoid fingerprints.
6. Close up the top or access. Start the oven.
7. View the fused piece at almost 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. While peeping at your fused glass put on glasses with IR and UV shield.
8. As soon as the glass possesses your desired appearance, turn off and disconnect the unit. If the kiln is constructed with heavy fire bricks, you can allow it to cool off on its own. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the unit must be left on and supervised so that it doesn’t cool down more than roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
9. As soon as the pyrometer drops below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the oven may be opened.
10. As soon as the project has cooled down to room temperature, add a pin back. Stick on the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Halloween Spooky Mask Patterns
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Spooky Mask to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns