Easy Puzzle Piece
Let this easy puzzle piece pin say “I have found my missing piece!” or “You are my missing piece!” Write these sayings on the pin, or wait and when others ask what the puzzle pin is about, let them know what it means for you.
The Puzzle Piece lapel pin has often been used for motivational, inspirational and congratulatory recognition. This simple to make pin doesn’t have to be just as a Valentines gift idea.
The method of cutting pieces varies from puzzle to puzzle. Use a puzzle as a pattern to make your pin, free-hand draw a piece or use the example provided at the bottom of this page.
Materials List:PatternCard stock
Permanent markerBeeswax or Chap StickRed glassGlass sawGlass cleanerPrepared kiln shelfKilnGlasses with IR and UV protectionTwo part Epoxy
1. Sketch and using scissors cut the guide.
2. Place the parts on the correct shade glass and copy about the guide with a permanent marker. Liberally cover the markings with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is needed to cut the outline. Cut close to the line to retain the form and all the tiny details.
4. Clean with soap and dip in clear water or employ glass cleaner to do away with the drawings and residue. Air dry the pieces.
5. Pose the parts on a set up kiln ledge and place the shelf within the unit. Be sure to hold the glass by the rim to prevent fingerprints.
6. Close the lid or door. Start the unit.
7. Watch the project at nearly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. Whenever peeking at your hot glass put on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. Once the piece possesses your required look, shut down and disconnect the kiln. If the unit is fabricated with dense fire bricks, you can allow it to cool off on its own. On the other hand if it is created with ceramic fiber, the kiln must remain on and observed so that it does not cool down more than roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
9. When the pyrometer goes down underneath 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the oven may be opened.
10. As soon as the piece has cooled down to room temperature, you can add a brooch back. Adhere the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
Show your favorite teacher, friend, or family member just how much they are appreciated by making and giving them a homemade fused glass pin for Valentine's Day. Add some scrap glass or stringers or just stack a few pieces together for texture.
Easy Puzzle Piece Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Puzzle Piece to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns