This little pilgrim pumpkin design is set on a simple decorated background. It can be used as a cute thanksgiving pin or added alone to any other fused project for the holiday. This pattern is sure to become one of your favorite thanksgiving crafts.
The pumpkin is set on a blank background that has been decorated with pieces of frit. It could also be placed on a plain background that has been personalized with your favorite holiday saying, or add it to any other fused piece for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Materials:PatternBackground glassOrange pumpkin glassBrown hat glass Scrap glass for decoratingGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Copy and using scissors cut the pattern.
2. Place the pieces on the correct colorful glass and draw near the pattern with a permanent marker. Liberally cover the drawing with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is needed to cut the pattern. Follow near the shape to retain the shape and all the small fine points.
4. Bathe with dish soap and dip in clean water or use glass cleaner to strip off all drawings and residue. Using a lint free towel, dry the items.
5. Put together the sections on a prepared kiln ledge and put the shelf within the kiln. At all times hold the glass by the perimeter to avert fingerprints.
6. Shut the lid or access. Activate the unit.
7. View the fused piece at nearly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. When glimpsing at your pieces put on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. When the glass has the sought after look, switch off and unplug the oven. If the kiln is manufactured with thick fire bricks, you can allow it to cool down on its own. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the oven must remain on and supervised so that it doesn’t cool down any more than just about 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. As soon as the temperature falls below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit may be opened.
10. After the glass has cooled down to room temperature, you can add a pin back. Hold on the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Pilgrim Pumpkin Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Pilgrim Pumpkin to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns