Mother and Child Heart
What is more bonded than the relationship between a mother and child? In this particular design they are united in such a way that the center of the design forms a heart. Pay tribute to this relationship between mom and child by creating and fusing this design for a fantastic Mothers Day gift. It can be made as a heart necklace or a motherhood brooch.
Be sure that the two pieces of the pattern overlap when you place them inside the kiln. If they aren’t overlapping, the pieces won’t fuse together. Place them in such a way that they form a heart design.
Materials:PatternFusible glassGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Trace and cut the model.
2. Park the pieces on the right color glass and copy around the stencil with a permanent marker. Liberally coat the drawing with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is considered necessary to cut out the outline. Cut near the outline to keep the form and all the precise details.
4. Wash with soap and dip in clear water or employ glass cleaner to do away with all pen marks and scum. Air dry all the pieces completely.
5. Place the pieces on a prepared kiln ledge and place the shelf within the kiln. Always grasp the glass by the side to avoid fingerprints.
6. Close up the lid or access. Turn on the kiln.
7. Monitor the job at approximately 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. While glimpsing at your projects wear glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. When the project possesses your wanted look, switch off and disconnect the unit. If the kiln is put together with thick fire bricks, you can permit it to cool off by its self. On the other hand if it is constructed with ceramic fiber, the unit must be kept on and supervised so that it does not cool down more than in the region of about 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. When the pyrometer drops under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the kiln may be opened.
10. As soon as the fused piece has cooled to room temperature, you can add a brooch back. Adhere the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
Mother and Child Heart Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Mother and Child Heart to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns