Flowers for Mom
Flowers for mom are being held by a delightful little brown bear. Mothers Day and flowers just seem to go together. Put a welcoming smile on mom’s face this year with this design. It is such an appropriate Mothers Day gift for any mom.
I have used a dark brown for my bear, but you can use any color desired. I would suggest a lighter brown so that all the details show up clearer.
This pattern only involves a few pieces that need to be cut an assembled to complete. Determine what colors you would like the flowers to be and pick out your glass. I have chosen some of the new
crinkled dichroic glass
for my flowers. I like the texture and colors of the glass.
Materials:PatternBear glassVarious Flower glassGlass cleaner of choiceStringers for stemsChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Sketch and using scissors cut the design.
2. Situate the parts on the fitting color glass and sketch near the guide with a permanent marker. liberallycover up the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is desirable to cut the outline. Make a point of cutting on the outline to maintain the form and all the minute fine points.
4. Wash with dish soap and bathe in clear water or employ glass cleaner to take away the drawings and scum. Using a lint free towel, dry the pieces.
5. Put together the parts on a all set up kiln shelf and arrange the shelf inside the unit. Be sure to hold the glass by the edge to avoid fingerprints.
6. Shut the top or door. Turn on the oven.
7. Watch the task at around 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. When glimpsing at your projects wear glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. When the project has your preferred appearance, switch off and disconnect the oven. If the unit is built with heavy fire bricks, you can permit it to cool off on its own. On the other hand if it is created with ceramic fiber, the oven must remain on and checked so that it doesn’t cool down more than approximately 300 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
9. As soon as the pyrometer falls under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the oven may be opened.
10. As soon as the glass has cooled to room temperature, you can add a pin back. Adhere the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Flowers for Mom Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Flowers for Mom to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns