Easter Basket Craft
Make this miniature Easter Basket craft using a few pieces of scrap glass and a few stringers. The handle of this Easter basket can be cut out of glass or bent rods of glass. Use various colors of glass to make each tiny Easter egg, and decorate if desired.
Glassline paints can be used to add a weave look to the basic basket, or stringers if you have the time and patience. Bend and twist stringers for the miniature pieces of grass. I have used Glassline paints to indicate the basket's weave.
Adjust and enlarge the pattern for your particular needs. The design can be used to make pins or fused into dishware items.
Materials:PatternBrown basket glassBow glassEgg glass Stringers for grassGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
Directions: 1. Draw and using scissors cut the outline.
2. Position the paper pieces on the correct tint glass and trace close to the shape with a permanent pen. Generously cover the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is considered necessary to cut out the design. Make a point of cutting near the outline to retain the shape and all the meticulous fine points.
4. Bathe with soap and bathe in clear water or use glass cleaner to do away with all design and residue. Allow the piece to dry before assembling.
5. Assemble the portions on a prepared kiln ledge and pose the shelf within the kiln. At all times hold the glass by the rim to avert fingerprints.
6. Close up the lid or access. Switch on the kiln.
7. Examine the job at roughly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. Whenever looking at your projects put on glasses with IR and UV shield.
8. As soon as the piece possesses your sought look, switch off and unplug the unit. If the kiln is fabricated with dense fire bricks, you can permit it to cool down on its own. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the unit must remain on and monitored so that it does not cool off more than about 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. Once the pyrometer goes down below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the kiln can be opened.
10. When the glass has cooled down to room temperature, you can add a pin back. Stick on the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Easter Basket Craft Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Easter Basket Craft to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns