The dolphin tail is the last thing you view as the graceful dolphin jumps up from the ocean and then back again. These magnificent creatures plentifully inhabit the ocean around Hawaii.
The tail, which is located right behind the dorsal fin, is used for momentum. This makes the tail very muscular and strong. It is the main source of power that propels the dolphin forward and up through the water.
This enchanting pendant has been fused out of brown glass. You could also make it out of an iridescent glass which would really make it glimmer and shine.
This would make an ideal gift for a young man who appreciates marine life jewelry. Make one for the young man in your life and attach a bail so that he can wear it as a pendant.
Materials:PatternTail glassDecorating glassGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyJewelry Bail
1. Print the outline on paper.
2. Utilizing a set of scissors, cut the outline.
3. Place the pieces on the proper glass colorful.
4. Draw around the shape using a permanent marker.
5. Generously cover the drawing with beeswax or chap stick.
6. Place the traced glass on a glass saw and cut out the outline. Cut along the tracing so that the pattern is defined.
7. Place the recently cut pieces in a container of unsoiled water whilst cutting other pieces of glass. This process will make clean up easier.
8. Clean each piece of glass with dish soap, a scratch pad and a little water.
9. Dry all of the pieces utilizing a lint free wipe.
10. Decorate as desired.
11. Whilst gripping all of the pieces by the border, arrange the design on a ready kiln shelf.
12. Pose the shelf inside the kiln.
13. Close up the top or door and switch on the kiln.
14. Sporting glasses with UV and IR shield, view the glass at approximately 1325 degrees Fahrenheit.
15. When the piece has your desired appearance, take the glass downward to the proper anneal temperature and soak.
16. Switch off the oven.
17. Permit the glass to cool off on its own.
18. When the temperature drops under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit can be opened.
19. Attach a jewelry bail with the two-part epoxy.
Dolphin Tail Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Kona - Hawaii Inspirations
Dolphin Tail to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns