When seeing a Christmas drum, it makes me think of the little drummer boy playing his drum for the baby Jesus. This easy to assemble pattern can have a couple of drum sticks simply added to the pattern to make it a complete drum set. It is a new addition to the Christmas ornaments that are found on this site.
Did you know that the drum is the world's oldest and most commonly found musical instrument. The simple design hasn’t changed for thousands of years
Use different color glass to make the pieces if you like. You don’t have to use the colors indicated on this page. Make them brown, or any color that would fit your particular need.
MaterialsWhite drum top and bottom glassRed base drum glassStringers
Glass cleaner of choiceBeeswax or Chap StickGlass sawKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Trace and using scissors cut the guide.
2. Situate the portions on the correct tint glass and trace close to the shape with a permanent marker. Liberally plaster the markings with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is required to cut the design. Make a point of cutting near the shape to retain the figure and all the tiny particulars.
4. Cleanse with dish soap and dip in clear water or employ glass cleaner to do away with any design and scum. Dry the objects.
5. Put together the parts on a ready kiln ledge and put the shelf within the kiln. Always grip the glass by the rim to prevent fingerprints.
6. Close the lid or access. Switch on the kiln.
7. Observe the piece at approximately 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. Whenever looking at your projects put on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. As soon as the piece possesses your preferred appearance, switch off and disconnect the unit. If the kiln is put together with heavy fire bricks, you can permit it to cool down on its own. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the unit must be kept on and monitored so that it does not cool down more than roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
9. When the temperature falls lower than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the oven can be opened.
10. When the piece has cooled down to room temperature, add a brooch back. Stick on the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
Christmas Drum Pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Fused Glass Christmas
Christmas Drum to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns