Cap and Diploma
A cap and diploma that is sure to be a hit for your graduation celebration. This design would make a perfect pin to wear to that special ceremony, or fuse it into a platter for serving up the guests. It would make a wonderful keepsake for any scholastic student.
Make the cap and tassel out of the appropriate color for the graduate’s school. Use Glassline paints to add any needed accents, such as the lines in the tassel, or to add a name or initial to the piece. Enlarge or reduce the pattern to fit your particular needs.
Materials:PatternCap glassTassel glassDiploma glassGlassline paints for accentsGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Draw and cut the design.
2. Place the portions on the appropriate color glass and draw around the design with a permanent marker. Generously cover up the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is required to cut the pattern. Follow near the outline to retain the shape and all the precise fine points.
4. Cleanse with dish soap and bathe in plain water or employ glass cleaner to take away all design and residue. Dry the pieces.
5. Position the sections on a all set up kiln ledge and pose the shelf in the unit. Be sure to grip the glass by the border to avert fingerprints.
6. Close up the lid or access. Switch on the kiln.
7. Examine the job at approximately 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. Whenever peeking at your fused glass have on glasses with IR and UV shield.
8. When the piece possesses your preferred appearance, switch off and disconnect the oven. If the unit is manufactured with heavy fire bricks, you can permit it to cool off by its self. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the oven must remain on and observed so that it doesn’t cool off more than just about 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. When the temperature goes down under 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the oven may be opened.
10. Once the fused piece has cooled down to room temperature, you can add a pin back. Stick on the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Cap and Diploma pattern
Return from this page to one of the following pages:
Cap and Diploma to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns