Arrow Through Heart
This arrow through heart design is so romantic for a Valentine design. A pierced heart design, that reminds me of cupid with his bow and arrow.
This is a sweet pattern for anytime of the year. It is a well recognized design that can be made out of any color of glass.
This pierced heart design would make an elegant heart pendant or heart pin. Simply follow the directions to assemble and design this cupid heart. The pattern for this design is located at the bottom of this page.
Materials:PatternHeart glassArrow glassGlass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo-part EpoxyBrooch Pin Back
1. Copy and cut the stencil.
2. Park the portions on the correct colorful glass and draw about the model with a permanent pen. Generously coat the traced design with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is needed to cut the outline. Make a point of cutting close to the shape to keep the shape and all the minute fine points.
4. Launder with dish soap and dip in clean water or employ glass cleaner to get rid of all pen marks and residue. Use a lint free towel to completely dry the individual pieces.
5. Arrange the sections on a ready kiln shelf and arrange the shelf inside the unit. At all times hold the glass by the border to avoid fingerprints.
6. Close the top or door. Switch on the kiln.
7. View the job at nearly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. When gazing at your hot glass have on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. Once the project has your sought after look, shut down and disconnect the unit. If the unit is put together with dense fire bricks, you can allow it to cool off by it’s self. On the other hand if it is constructed with ceramic fiber, the unit must remain on and checked so that it does not cool down any more than roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. As soon as the pyrometer drops lower than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the kiln can be opened.
10. After the project has cooled down to room temperature, add a brooch back. Adhere the brooch back with a two part epoxy.
Arrow Through Heart Pattern
Return to any of the following pages:
Valentines Day Pins
Arrow Through Heart to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns