This pattern is for an angel heart pattern. With wings spread wide, this tiny little angel is holding a heart high above her head. Angels and hearts just seem to go with the holiday of Valentine’s Day.
It consists of 4 pieces and assembly is quite simple. The pattern can be adjusted to fit your particular needs.
Her tiny little dress can be made out of any color and adorned if desired. You could also add some details to her face. Use Glassline paints, stringers or frit to add any embellishments.
Materials:PatternBody glassWing glassDress glass Glass cleaner of choiceChap Stick or BeeswaxGlass sawFiber PaperKilnPrepared kiln shelfProtective glassesTwo part EpoxyPin Back
1. Draw and using scissors cut the guide.
2. Situate the portions on the right colorful glass and trace about the shape with a permanent marker. Liberally cover up the markings with beeswax or Chap Stick.
3. A glass saw is needed to cut out the pattern. Cut near the shape to preserve the figure and all the tiny details.
4. Bathe with dish soap and bathe in clean water or use glass cleaner to remove all design and residue. Using a lint free towel dry the objects.
5. Position the portions on a all set up kiln shelf and put the shelf in the unit. At all times grip the glass by the perimeter to avoid fingerprints.
6. Shut the top or access. Turn on the unit.
7. View the project at roughly 1325 degrees Fahrenheit. While gazing at your pieces put on glasses with IR and UV protection.
8. Once the glass possesses your required look, shut down and unplug the kiln. If the unit is put together with thick fire bricks, you can let it cool down on its own. If however it is created with ceramic fiber, the kiln must be left on and checked so that it doesn’t cool off more than roughly 300 degrees Fahrenheit an hour.
9. Once the pyrometer drops below 100 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit can be opened.
10. After the project has cooled down to room temperature, add a pin back. Stick on the pin back with a two part epoxy.
Angel Heart Pattern
Return to any of the following pages:
Valentines Day Pins
Angel Heart to Glass Fusing Made Easy
Fused Glass Patterns